Sunday, February 22, 2009

Nerd Love

   "Nerd Love"
    by Stephanie Chase 


Nerd Love

Everything was clear, even without me glasses

Time was running out for me.

Minutes tearing into ‘em seconds

Seconds almost ready to explode

For I never experienced such a love ever!

I have searched all the ends of the earth, only to be with you.

I wait on the hard cement

Forlorn, hoping, waiting forever, anxious

The only thing that exists in me

Is the serenity of a fine young lad that I just met

Your impression was the greatest, never had I ever met

Such soft, pale skin; robust at ye cheeks

The most pale green eyes

The only sea that I had ever seen be green

But beautiful, I felt I was sucked into him.

I have searched all the ends of the earth, only to be with you.

A miracle!

It must have been a gift from G-D, the heavens above

For all of a sudden, I see ye walking merrily

 Alas,

The love! Laughing 

Noting the beauties of nature, as ye chuckle at some squirrels playing together

I have searched all the ends of the earth, only to be with you.

I wear my cute smile.

I try to wave, but I don’t know if ye see me, or I’m too shy.

My ride comes, and ye are vanished forever.

I am falling down a cliff, stumbling, losing everything that I gained

To find you

I am back to where I started

Only hoping to find you through the forest of my awkwardness

And spontaneity of life.

I have searched the ends of the earth, only to be with you.

1 comment:

IloveMorris said...

So this also is another poem that I wrote my senior year of high school.
I just began to look back at a lot of my writings from my senior year of high school.
I still can't get over how dependent I was at the on others, and I have changed 180 degrees into an independent woman! :)